POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Updated clouds : Re: Updated clouds Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated clouds
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 3 Feb 2002 13:39:33
Message: <3c5d83e5$1@news.povray.org>
That was a bit of an exaggeration.  I did two full quality renderings since
that post.  Using media method 3 increased my render time by about a day (2
and a half days total) so I changed it back to 2 (1 and a half days total).
The render time is horrendously slow but I'm willing to accept it for the
realism and quality of the clouds.  When I do a final render I probably
won't use as many clouds.  I'm also going to divvy up the render across 10
or 12 PIII 900's in the dorm's basement computer lab.

Skip